Learn why Traditional Lean Six Sigma Implementations Fail and Lack Sustainability!
We offer a unique Green Belt/Black Belt/Master Black Belt Lean Six Sigma Certification training that facilitates corporations in reducing variation and eliminating waste in a sustainable way based on the holistic TPS – Lean Six Sigma Methodology. We show you how to implement this human Lean Six Sigma system effectively and reduce process variation in everything you do. By reducing variation, your organization can significantly reduce cost, improve cycle times, eliminate customer complaints, and drastically improve your corporate bottom line. This powerful program will provide participants with the proven Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques, plus practical experience to catapult their organization toward “World Class” status.
Based on the New Groundbreaking Lean Six Sigma Book: TPS-Lean Six Sigma; Aligning Human Capital to Lean Six Sigma. A New Blueprint for Creating High Performance Companies.
TPS-Lean Six Sigma is like a ‘turbo-charged’ Lean Six Sigma program. All of the proven, sound methodologies of traditional Lean Six Sigma are charged with highly motivated team members. The result is a powerful people driven Lean Six Sigma program called TPS-Lean Six Sigma that leads to a High Performance Culture and allows employees to realize their full potential and contribute creatively while the organization benefits from increased profitability, market share, and customer satisfaction. TPS-Lean Six Sigma is the perfect marriage of Lean Six Sigma and the Total Performance Scorecard. With TPS-Lean Six Sigma, your business, your customer, and your employee’s personal goals are all realized in concert with each other. By integrating human capital into the Lean Six Sigma equation, organizations have the opportunity for exponential, quantum levels of improvement and success. Your customers will be happy, shareholders will be happy, management will be happy, employees will be happy, processes will be optimized, waste will be eliminated, and profits will soar. It is quite possible that now, with TPS-Lean Six Sigma, we actually have reached nirvana.
By way of this master class, Dr. Hubert Rampersad is launching a revolutionary, holistic concept called TPS-Lean Six Sigma which actively has human capital embedded in Lean Six Sigma in a manner that not only stimulates commitment, integrity, work-life balance, passion, enjoyment at work and employee engagement but also stimulates individual and team learning in order to develop a motivated workforce and sustainable performance improvement and quality enhancement for the organization.
TPS-Lean Six Sigma is Human Lean Six Sigma approach that helps organizations in any environment – service or manufacturing, healthcare, pharmaceutical, government, etc. – boost financial performance by assessing, managing, and improving the employee-customer encounter. It’s based on our new book TPS-Lean Six Sigma; Linking Human Capital to Lean Six Sigma. It entails a new blueprint for creating high performance companies. Many companies around the world are adopting the Lean Six Sigma Methodology in an effort to increase quality, reduce cost and increase customer service. TPS International Inc. offers a TPS-Lean Six Sigma Certification training for Green Belt and Black Belt to educate participants on TPS-Lean Six Sigma Management, methodologies and tools.
Praise for TPS-Lean Six Sigma book:
MISSING LINKS IN LEAN SIX SIGMA
We have been deploying Lean Six Sigma for over the past five years. What we found is that while Lean Six Sigma does a great job addressing the primary concerns of manufacturing and service, there was something missing, something to keep the momentum going. That something is Human Capital. That’s right, Lean Six Sigma primarily addresses quality issues, manufacturing issues, transactional issues, customer issues, speed and variability issues. However, unless your organization is run by robots, you still need people to make it all work. There was nothing in Lean Six Sigma that systematically addresses the very real needs of the people who are the heart and soul of any business. Total Performance Scorecard Lean Six Sigma (TPS-Lean Six Sigma) is the only program of its kind that incorporates the element of Human Capital as a structured part of a Lean Six Sigma program.
Let’s face it – you can design the best Lean Six Sigma program in the world, but if the people running it and working within it are not happy themselves, how effective do you think the program will be? Let’s consider the corollary – what if you had employees that are highly motivated running your Lean Six Sigma initiative? Wouldn’t that be the best approach? Would you have to force feed the program to your employees, or will they grab on and move the program along even further then originally envisioned? That is what the authors have included in detail in this book and in their related workshops; How to design, develop, and implement the most powerful Lean Six Sigma program in the world, TPS-Lean Six Sigma. They have combined all the powerful tools and methodologies of Lean and Six Sigma with personal power optimization of the Total Performance Scorecard. The result is a breakthrough program that increases speed, reduces waste, motivates the workforce, satisfies customers, and drives up profit. See below how based on this revolutionary concept quality has evolved from inspection to TPS-Lean Six Sigma. The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training includes a two weeks of classroom training and the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training includes a four weeks of classroom training. The first two weeks of the Black Belt course is the same as the Green Belt. This 2+2 format allows for Green Belts and Black Belts to attend this training together, thus improving internal synergy while providing greater organizational flexibility. Emphasis is on gaining knowledge in all aspects of product and process life cycles. The success of our program obviously rests, for the most part, on the quality of our instructors.
We have experience implementing TPS-Lean Six Sigma in a variety of organizations and assist the students with their particular needs as they work their way through their first project during the training. Black Belt participants become certified through TPS International Inc. after completing the 4 week training program successfully and upon completion of their project. Green Belt participants become certified after completing the 2 week training program successfully. We provide the training and mentoring required for successful implementation of TPS-Lean Six Sigma in your organization. This program will provide you with a top level, world-class education program that extends far beyond the classroom. You can expect a rigorous and demanding program as well as a powerful and challenging intellectual environment. It will be a life-changing experience!
Highlights of this Learning Experience:
- Integration of Lean and Six Sigma Process Management Techniques and concepts using the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) methodology
- Integration of Lean Six Sigma and Human Lean Six Sigma using the Total Performance Scorecard Methodology.
- Hands-on training with Minitab Software for Black Belts
- Strategic Process Improvement
- Process Analysis and Management Tools
- Understand Six Sigma Management
- Develop the ability to solve a problem using the DMAIC methodology
- Learn organizational and structuring skills using lean concepts
- Illustrate the conditions for a 3-sigma process and a 6-sigma process and illustrate the improvement in percent output between its lower and upper specification limits
- Discuss the costs and benefits of Six Sigma management and the roles and responsibilities of the individuals and bodies involved
- Statistics for Effective Business Decisions, plus much more
Critical Success Factors for Successful TPS-Lean Six Sigma Implementation:
- Active commitment and involvement from Senior Executives
- Improvement goals integrated into the OBSC and Project BSC
- Project selection, prioritization, tracking and reviewing process
- Extensive education and training
- An atmosphere of trust, commitment, teamwork, creativity, and learning within project teams
- Sustainable project results
- Technical support and training (Master Black Belts, Black Belts, Green Belts)
- Human resource management and Human Capital embedded in the project
- Alignment of personal ambition of project members and project ambition (Project BSC)
- Alignment of personal ambition of employees and shared organizational ambition (OBSC)
- Project BSC is related to the OBSC and Personal BSC
- Incentives, recognition, reward and celebration
- Management accountability for quality improvement
- Anyone who wants an in-depth understanding of the Lean Six Sigma process
- Anyone who has been given the challenge to implement (Lean) Six Sigma
- Anyone working in an organization already deploying (Lean) Six Sigma
- Any employee of an organization participating in (Lean) Six Sigma teams
- Executives who wants to decrease defects and cycle time, improve customer satisfaction, and generate business growth and improve profitability
Training Fee: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about fee, dates and location. Fee includes seminar documentation, signed copy of the book and certificate from the Innovation University of Silicon Valley in California.
What’s Included in the Price
The course price includes:
- breakfast, lunch, and refreshments each course day
- a student manual developed by experienced instructional designers
- a copy of the standard forms, templates, and worksheets for use back at the workplace
- certificates upon completion of course requirements
In this Green Belt and Black Belt training course, you will learn the skills and tools required to implement the Lean Six Sigma and the Human Lean Six Sigma philosophies within an organization. Through lecture and classroom exercises, you’ll work through example problems and complete assignments individually or in a group. Along with other extras, this course includes the following topics:
- Lean Six Sigma and the Corporate Enterprise
- Leadership in Lean Six Sigma
- The Foundations of Lean Six Sigma
- The Foundations of TPS & Lean Six Sigma / Human Lean Six Sigma
- Overview of Business Process Management
2. The Define PhaseParticipants will be taught tools to identify and validate their improvement project, illustrate their business processes, define customer requirements and prepare themselves to be an effective project member.
- Corporate Balanced Scorecard
- Define the Lean Six Sigma Opportunity
- Project Balanced Scorecard
- The Lean Six Sigma Project Charter and Plan
- Personal Balanced Scorecard
- Lean Six Sigma Team Leadership and Choosing the Team
- Lean Six Sigma Team Dynamics and Performance
- The Lean Six Sigma Change Agent
- Lean Six Sigma Management and Planning Tools
- Lean Six Sigma and the Voice of the Customer
- Lean Six Sigma and Critical Customer Requirements
- Defining and Mapping the Lean Six Sigma Process
- Scoping the Lean Six Sigma Project and
- SIPOC (Suppliers, Inputs, Process, Output, and Customers)
- Kano Analysis
3. The Measurement PhaseParticipants will learn and practice employing tools to determine critical measures necessary to satisfy customer requirements and develop a measurement plan to document process performance. They will also learn the basics of variation and measure process sigma.
- Process Analysis and Documentation
- Input, Process, and Output Measurement
- Probability and Statistics
- Calculating Six Sigma
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Properties and Applications of Probability Distributions
- Measurement Systems
- Analyzing Process Capability
- Calculating Process Capability
- Simple Data Presentation
4. The Analyze PhaseParticipants will learn how to analyze the performance data to further refine the opportunity for improvement. They will also use stratification and root cause analysis, and determine true sources of variation and customer dissatisfaction.
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Hypothesis Testing
- Common Tests
- Variance, Contingency Tables, and Nonparametric Tests
- Pareto Analysis
- Determining Potential Root Causes
- Brainstorming Techniques
- Validating Root Causes
- Historical Data
- Problem Solving Techniques
5. The Improve PhaseParticipants will learn how to generate creative solutions that eliminate the root cause of customer defects. They will be introduced to various methods of solution identification, prioritization, and implementation and learn how to gain approval for the solution and plan for impacts the changes will have on the organization.
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Design and Analysis
- Taguchi and Quality Improvement
- Experimenting for Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Solution Selection Techniques
- Criteria Selection and Solution Ranking
- Pilot Planning and Implementation Schemes
6. The Control PhaseParticipants will learn how to execute against the plan by determining the approach to ensure achievement of the targeted results. They will discuss how to disseminate lessons learned, standardization opportunities, and develop a process monitoring and management plan to assure new process performance is sustained.
- Lean Six Sigma – Statistical Process Control
- Control Charts and the Pre-Control Process
- Lean Tools for Control
- Measurement System Re-analysis
- Implementing the Solutions
- Change Management Issues
- Rewards and recognition
7. The Lean Enterprise
- Lean Concepts
- Non-value added Steps and Tasks
- Lean Tools
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
8. Design for Six Sigma Black Belt
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Robust Design and Process
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Design for X (DFX)
- Special Design Tools
- Corporate Balanced Scorecard Exercise
- Project Definition and Project Balanced Scorecard Exercise
- Personal Balanced Scorecard Exercise
- Personal Coaching with the Personal Balanced Scorecard
- Central Limit Theorem Exercise
- Components of Variation Exercise
- Basic Calculations Exercise
- Variable MSA Destructive Testing Exercise
- Distributional Plots Exercise
- Minitab Distribution ID Function Exercises
- Minitab Basic Graphs Sample Problems
- Optimization Designs Exercise
- Response Optimization Exercise
This course follows the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control (DMAIC) model and teaches the soft skills required to participate in projects effectively. The Green Belt training does not address the area of statistics in depth, as it is part of the Black Belt’s job to provide this training to their team.
In-house: This training can be conducted in-house. We tailor the training according to your needs and requirements.
Follow up: The green belt entails 3 CREDITS POINTS for enrollment in our MBA/PhD degree in Lean Six Sigma. Black belt entails 6 CREDITS POINTS for enrollment in our MBA/PhD degree Lean Six Sigma.
Please fill out the registration form below.
Innovation University of Silicon Valley
12 S. First St. Suite 203, San Jose, CA 95113, USA